.
.
.
.

9/8/07

STUCK

Grrrrrrrrr.

This is probably the most frustrating part of trying to lose weight. Being stuck. This is also probably one of the main reasons why I have quit so many diets.
I Googled weight loss plateau and there are some basic ways to get your weight loss going again.

1) Keep a food diary
Ok, this is got to be one of the most annoying things. I don't eat on the run and I don't eat out at all during the week. BUT I just despise writing down everything and adding the calories and fat. It just sucks. Well I am going to try it again. I might be adding extra calories without even knowing it. So starting tomorrow I am going to calculate everything I eat. I will see if this is where my problem is.

2) Break up your meals
If you're eating three times a day, eat five. If you're already eating five times a day then start eating six or seven. I'm not ready to try this yet. The reason being is I still need to feel full when I am hungry and eating small portions throughout the day just won't cut it for me yet. I am so used to eating three meals I guess. If after I try this food diary thing my weight loss hasn't started back up again then I will give this a fair try.

3) Eat More
HA! The reason why I am in this predicament is because I eat too much. But if it turns out that I am taking in too less calories well then I would be happy to give this a try. HaHa. I don't think that is the way it will be turning out though. We will see. I know I am not eating less than 1200 calories a day.

4) Have some support
Bullshit. This is not going to break my weight loss halt. Yeah it might keep me from thinking about giving up, but in my case that is not an option anyway.

5) Watch your carbohydrate intake
Ok Ok. I can see this. I will defiantly work on reducing my carbs. This could just be the problem right here. You know I tried a low carb diet once. I even lost a good 30 pounds before my wedding. I don't might eating less carbs, but I will never go on another low carb diet again. I sure felt like crap all the time and I was so hungry.

Tomorrow I am going to eat like I normally do on this diet. I am going to track everything I eat. Then I will see how many carbs (and calories) I will need to cut from my diet. Then I will track everything for the next week with my new intake amount and see where it takes me.

6) Exercise
For Sure! I have joined curves in the last week and have been going about 3 times a week. I am going to work on getting that to 4 times a week. BUT then there are 3-4 days a week that I am not active at all. I must need to make a change here. One site recommends walking on your off days. This is something I will be working on.

7) Change your workout routine
Since I have just started working out I will save this one for a later plateau. But I will start adding walking in there. For now I will stick to the 30 minutes at curves. I'd like to give myself a full month of this (adding walking in of course) before I add something else to my routine or even change it up completely, maybe do curves for 2 days a week and then 2 days a week do some classes, the rest of the days walk. We will see.

8) Drink Water
This is something I know I have a hard time with. I am sure this isn't anything new. I seriously am trying. I think this might be something I need to track along with my food intake.


Ok so I hit a plateau. I have been at 215 for the past 3 weeks. I have done some cheating on the weekends as well. My challenge is going well by the way. So here is my general plan to see if I can get over this motivation killer.

Track All food and Water
Cut Carbohydrates and calories if needed
Add a fourth day to my workout week
Add walking to the remaining 3 days
Drink more water

You know, I already feel better. Kinda like I calmed myself down, took a step back and looked at what else I needed to change. I am realizing that I am going to need to make changes on a regular basis. Instead of giving up I am going to need to really analyze what I am doing and make a change to something that might not be working anymore.

Every time I tried a new diet or weight loss program all I heard was this isn't a DIET it's a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. Maybe it finally stuck in my brain. This is something that I really need to work at.

Here is another snack freebie.
(I'll be doing this on a regular basis and I'll have all the links in the sidebar as well)

This is from the Fiber35 Diet and this bar
• 10 grams of fiber
• 10 grams of protein
• Natural ingredients
• No added refined sugars
• No soy, gluten or GMOs
• No trans fats or cholesterol
• Certified kosher

Get your FitSmart Bar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - getting stuck just sucks!

I've been eating light for 71 weeks now and had my share of plateaus and even slight gains for no reason.

But I can wholeheartedly say it's worth getting through the rough spots and sticking with it -- 90 lbs lost so far (a mere 60ish to go!)

Anonymous said...

Love to do a link exchange - I have you added to the blogroll :)


FYI - I'm moving the blog in a couple weeks to it's own domain - will keep the old up for awhile to give everyone a change to update the url to their links - and will move ALL current links to the new location too. Feel free to link now if you want and easy enough to update later.

Thanks!

Adipex said...

I was sure to record a comprehensive review, but it's better to state in a laconic manner: wow!